The Clear Leader in Glass Service Since 1919
Lewis Street Glass was founded in 1919 by Red Becker. The business began as a 1 stall shop on Lewis St. and has grown and expanded to a 23,000 sq. ft. facility. Red Becker was joined shortly after by Robert Bradshaw and his nephew, Milo Lane. Red Becker was a manager until he retired in 1973 after more than 50 years with the company.
Robert Bradshaw’s son George came in to the business after serving in the Army Air Corp in WWII. Robert passed away in 1956 and Milo in 1960. George was then the sole owner of the company. George, his wife Barb, and Red Becker ran the business together until Red retired in 1973. George and Barb’s son Bob came to work at Lewis Street Glass in 1974, after serving in the US Army in Germany. Their daughter Deb and her husband Bob Crager came on board in 1975, after he had finished serving in the US Air Force in Germany. Bob Bradshaw and Bob Crager became partners in 1982 when George retired.
The first shop was at 216 W. Lewis Street until 1964 when they moved to 515 S. Water (corner of Lewis & Water). They added on to this facility in 1985 and again in 1994. Bob and Deb Crager purchased the building and the other half of the business, becoming sole owners in 1994. The business continued to grow and expand, offering full commercial, residential and automotive glass services.
In 2003, The City of Wichita bought the property for the Waterfront expansion. Lewis Street Glass relocated to 743 S. Market, which is the old Davis Moore RV building. In 2013, Bob & Deb’s kids Lonnie and Jani became partners in the business. Both had been working in the business since high school and gone full time after college. We’re proud of our ability to handle everything from a broken windowpane in your home to a large commercial project. All jobs, regardless of size, receive our complete and immediate attention.